Captain's Log. Day 28 of no alcohol.
Last night I went to a birthday party. I was worried since there would be alcohol at said party. Old Jackie would rejoice at friends getting together and having a great time drinking. Sober Jackie doesn't want the guaranteed hangovers that are sure to follow after a great time. But I'm very happy I went. I saw my good friend there, hadn't seen that dude in quite some time. You know, the type of friends where months can go by, but it's ok because you've been friends for years, and no matter what, you'll be friends for life. Time and distance mean nothing. Anyhoo, of course I was offered a drink, but I politely declined. I let everyone know what was going on, my whole purpose for not drinking. And I'm so happy with the response. Every single person in my life has been so supportive. So incredibly supportive. I was worried about peer pressure. Instead I got nothing but understanding. Felt neat to say the least.
This morning I woke early to catch a movie. Hungover Jackie would never be able to do that. My month is coming up, but I want to keep going. I have no deadline or major goal, but I quite like the way I feel without alcohol. My head is so much clearer. I think I'll stick to it :)
So tonight, the weather is dark and stormy, just like I like it. Perfect night for a movie. No alcohol. Just myself, Cornelius, and movies by candlelight.
Bonne nuit.
Jacks

Comments
Post a Comment