Skip to main content

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world....he walks into mine.

My dreams have been more vivid, and they are in color. I won't bore you with all the details, but know this: It's amazing where the mind goes once inspiration hits. Things and ideas you didn't even know were a part of you come to life. And in dreams, anything is possible. Dreams always begin in medias res, almost no one can remember the beginning of dreams. Think of Christopher Nolan's Inception. When dreaming, do you ever remember how you got there? You just...happen.

In this chance happening, everything comes to life. For the longest time, I have felt writer's block. But I find myself inspired once again. It may have been Cornelius, it may have been a fellow artist, or it may have been family. Who ever really knows where true inspiration comes from? But once it hits...bam! Like open floodgates, ideas just keep flowing. And right now, it won't stop. I feel as though if my mind and soul were not anchored to my body, they would float away. 

Whatever the inspiration is, or where it came from, I sure am glad it is here. I crave creativity. And since I can't draw to save my life, my choice of creativity are photos, films, and words. Give me a photograph that tells a story, a film that makes me think twice about my own humanity, and words that make me lose my breath. I want it all. 

I hope this inspiration continues. I quite like the way I feel once my creative energy flows. 

Je suis inspire. 

Jacks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.