Skip to main content

Duck Tales, woo woo...

Today's run at Towne Lake was wonderful. Parking was a bummer. The combination of festivals and the influx of folks moving here make the race for a parking spot so tedious. But it's so worth it. I'm a huge fan of the outdoors, so running and hiking make me happy. Nature is just so gorgeous. Anyhoo, there's these two swans that live on the lake, they're such assholes! Every time I see them they are bullying the other ducks around them. And I'm no fan of bullies. I feel bad for the ducklings, all they want is food. But noooo. Greedy ass birds.

Ah well, such is life, yes? This post is not a major life epiphany or a long one. Although I must say, 14 days of no alcohol, coffee, or Dr. Pepper has got me feeling great. I usually just do this for a month, but now I want to see how far I take it! Dun dun dun...stay tuned folks!

Jacks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.