Skip to main content

Show me a different side to you. I'll show you mine.

If you are reading this, I'm assuming you and I have spent some time together, somewhere down the line. And in that time together, I'm hoping I was able to show you my humorous side. I joke around---a lot. I'm terrible at telling jokes, I always get the punch line wrong. I'm like Marlin in "Finding Nemo". I'm a clownfish who isn't funny. But...boy do I love my sarcastic one-liners. And I love it when I get sarcasm back in return. It's said that one who understands sarcasm and wit has a sharp mind. And there's nothing sexier than intelligence and humor. 

That being said, I felt like coming out of my shell today. I have this thing about masks. It's weird, I know, and it's so hard to explain. Whenever I wear a mask, it's like I'm a different person, someone stronger, someone bolder, someone who is not afraid to take risks. And bottom line, I'm so fascinated by them. I didn't buy this for Halloween, I already had it. I have a collection of them. And anytime I come across a mask that calls to me, I have to have it. 

Anyhoo, back to me coming out of my shell. It's no surprise I'm starting to feel like my old self again. Strong, cool, funny. My sister says I'm funny so I can call myself funny. The first part of this year was a real doozy. The second has been a dream. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.