I went hiking at the Greenbelt with a dear friend of mine today. After waking up and realizing that I wanted to be productive today, I made my way over to the trail. The Greenbelt is huge! My entrance of choice is right where 360 meets Mopac. And it was just the right kind of weather for a day outdoors. We hiked, and we hiked, and we hiked some more. Austin is beautiful this time of year. I'm not big into hunting or fishing, but I love nature. There is this one spot I like to go to, and I was lucky enough to find it today. Sometimes I like to take my shoes off and wade in the water (no surprise there, I only wear shoes when I have to). I happened upon a tiny waterfall. It wasn't anything huge or spectacular, but it made me think. The world is so big and life can be so hectic, but in that moment, when the water rushed over the rocks and ledges, I felt a sense of serenity. Nothing mattered. It was as if I was in a different world, a world free from migraines and stress. A world where the most important thing that exists is this tiny waterfall. And then I realized, I want both. I want the world stress and migraine free, and I want the tiny waterfalls. I want moments where the little things count, like when a friend randomly sends you a link to a cool new artist or song to check out, or when your family member sends a random "love you" text. Too often do we overlook and take these moments for granted. I know my life is always so hectic. But I also appreciate the little things. Trust me, they don't go unnoticed. And if I can, in any way, brighten up your day with "a little thing", well then, that will just make my day.
Walking back, we encountered these two little dogs who started walking with us, one named Simon, and I didn't get the other dog's name. I wanted to keep Simon! Don't tell Cornelius, he just wouldn't have it! Ah well, Simon was cute while it lasted. The rest of my day was spent editing photos. I'm still thinking about the lens I used for the wedding. I'm so glad a buddy of mine recommended it, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. The photos of the wedding came out so dang gorgeous.
Anyhoo, this day has been a long day. Time to retire for the night.
Jacks

Comments
Post a Comment