Captain's Log.
Day "I forgot but whatever day it is since Oct 26th since I've last had alcohol". I don't mind keeping this up. Anyhoo, that's not what this post is about. I just like to write Captain's Log.
There seems to be, for me at least, a sense of wonder. My mind travels far when it's left to wander. Somewhere, everywhere, and nowhere, it seems. I often ponder the meaning of life. And nope! Douglas Adams got it wrong when he included it in, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". It's NOT 42.
Sometimes I think there are no accidents. Sometimes I think life is full of complete and wonderful accidents. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm right where I need to be. There are some folks in my life I wish I met long before I actually did. How would they affect my life now? It's curious, to say the least. Meeting people is a curiosity too. You never quite know the impact a stranger can have on your life.
Then there are those who you meet by chance or circumstance, and boom! Fireworks! Electricity! Chemistry! Not all are in a romantic way. Some people just click. Some folks you just KNOW are meant to be in your life. And I would be lying if I said I always act on those fireworks. Younger Jackie ignored fireworks. I wasn't the type to ruffle any feathers. Older, more daring Jackie acts on those fireworks now. It could be anything really. I'm learning to trust my instincts now versus trying to make everyone else happy.
Ok so I'm rambling. This is what happens with a full mind. Everywhere and nowhere. But you know what I'm talking about, those folks who you wish to high heavens you met sooner. But here's the thing about that. For instance, Cornelius came into my life at just the right moment. I was very sick when I adopted him, and he has helped me so so much. I can't imagine my life with him. I'm just lucky, I suppose.
Anyhoo, back to humans. The folks in my life, who are a constant prescense in my life, thank you. For getting my humor, laughing with me, and accepting me for me. For the folks who I wish I met sooner, hey we're friends now. Our new shenanigans will soon be fond memories. We have all the time in the world.
Live and learn, y'all.
Jacks
Comments
Post a Comment