Skip to main content

I am the Eggman, I am the Eggman, I am the Walrus. Coo Coo Ca Choo.

You know, I'm on Day 15 of No Alcohol November (and no fast food , Dr. Pepper, or Coffee), and I feel like a million bucks. I had every intention to stop drinking and indulging on bad choices for a month, but I'm so loving how my body feels. Now I want to see how long I can go without these earthly pleasures. I had a moment of clarity, I suppose that's the right term. And in that moment of clarity, I thought of all the pros and cons of my drinking habits. Let me preface this by saying, no--I'm not an alcoholic. I just so happen to live in a city where there is always something to do every single day. And those "something to do's" almost always involve getting a drink. It may be one or a few here or there. Or I may not drink at all. The point is, its VERY EASY to drink every day here. 

Since I've stopped drinking, I've worked out more, spent more time on myself, spent more time with friends, spent more time on work, spent more time with Cornelius. And boy am I saving money! You get the point. On the weekends (designated getting drunk days) i don't have to fight off a hangover. Which is such a good thing, I'm 31 now, I'm no spring chicken. The alcohol level stayed the same, but the hangovers started getting worse. All I know was, something's gotta give. How bad do you want to change, and what are you willing to do to change it? I want to get back into fitness. I did so great last year. I spent a big chunk of this year healing my heart, but now its time to take care of my body too. 

Don't get me wrong, this isn't forever. I just want to set this goal upon myself to notice the difference. Internally and externally.  I still plan on drinking a glass of champagne (in Captain Zap Branningan's voice) on New Year's  Eve. Speaking of, I need to find a date....Anyhoo, you get the idea. 

I'm not making this a New Year's Resolution. I never stick to them. I'm making this a Jackie Resolution. So here goes nothing. Let's see what the second half of November holds on store for me. 

Jacks 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.