Skip to main content

A new beginning...

Sometimes I wish I wasn't an emotional person. I'm passionate, wear my heart on my sleeve, and cry at the most inopportune times. When I love, I love deeply. When I'm happy, my endorphins are off the chart.  It's exhausting really. As I mentioned, sometimes I wish I wasn't an emotional person. Sometimes I wish I was a robot---devoid of any human emotion. Today is not one of those days.

I received wonderful news today. I'm going to be a Tia! (an Aunt for all my non Spanglish speaking friends) Holy Schnikes!!! This baby will be the first of the next generation. None of us have children. This new baby will be making my Mother a Grandmother for the first time ever. Needless to say, I cried a few tears of joy. There hasn't been a new baby in our family for many years. And my youngest brother is changing that. It was a running joke in our family, "so and so will be the first to have a kid" (insert uncomfortable laugh). I myself don't have any children, well, no human children. I have my cat Cornelius, who's like my child--but that is a whole other topic. Anyhoo,  31 years on this planet and I have not given birth. And that's ok. This new baby will feel loved, will be loved. With every ounce of love I can give.

World, please say hello to my Niece/Nephew (I'm going to name the new creature Peanut. For now. Probably forever). So, once again, world meet Peanut. Peanut, meet the world.


Jack

Comments

  1. Ok, I typed a really good message just now, and it got deleted when I signed into my Google Account to publish. -_- Fail.

    Anyway, the short version: I don't have kids either... haven't really tried, so I guess when the time comes we'll find out. But I have always kept an open mind about adoption even before I started having a bit of an issue with my yearly checkups. Today, as a matter of fact, I received not so good news, so I thank God that I have plan B in mind if things continue as they have.

    P.S. I'm working on someday having my own place, so a kitty is something I'll be working on getting. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.