"I hear babies cry, and I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than we'll know. And I think to myself: What a wonderful world..."
It's amazing what a little human being can do. I'm so excited to be a Tia! I already am so in love with this new creature. I'll tell you what though, there is a little special someone who has taught me more about caring for others in her short life than anyone I know.
Her name is Mouse (real name is protected, you know.) Some of you might know her, and lucky you! I know parents gush about their children all the time. Seriously, spend 5 minutes with this little person, she'll change your life! She can help you see the world through a different set of eyes: kind eyes, innocent eyes, eyes full of hope and wonder. And this I promise you: you will fall in love with life again.
Mouse came into my life unexpectedly. I did not spend a whole lot of time with her in her first year (something I deeply and will always regret), but knowing her in her second year of life has taught me a whole lot about love for another person. She is so smart, so funny, and she sings! My goodness, her voice! Her father is like a brother to me, her mother, my sister. So it's only natural my relationship with Mouse is like family. She brightens up any room. You know those folks in your life who make you want to be a better person? That's Mouse. Yes, this is sort of like practice for me, when I become a Tia by blood. But family doesn't always have to be blood. Family is truth, inner beauty, trust, and love. Mouse may not be my blood relative, but she sure has my heart. And I'm a better person because of her.
It's amazing what a little human being can do. I'm so excited to be a Tia! I already am so in love with this new creature. I'll tell you what though, there is a little special someone who has taught me more about caring for others in her short life than anyone I know.
Her name is Mouse (real name is protected, you know.) Some of you might know her, and lucky you! I know parents gush about their children all the time. Seriously, spend 5 minutes with this little person, she'll change your life! She can help you see the world through a different set of eyes: kind eyes, innocent eyes, eyes full of hope and wonder. And this I promise you: you will fall in love with life again.
Mouse came into my life unexpectedly. I did not spend a whole lot of time with her in her first year (something I deeply and will always regret), but knowing her in her second year of life has taught me a whole lot about love for another person. She is so smart, so funny, and she sings! My goodness, her voice! Her father is like a brother to me, her mother, my sister. So it's only natural my relationship with Mouse is like family. She brightens up any room. You know those folks in your life who make you want to be a better person? That's Mouse. Yes, this is sort of like practice for me, when I become a Tia by blood. But family doesn't always have to be blood. Family is truth, inner beauty, trust, and love. Mouse may not be my blood relative, but she sure has my heart. And I'm a better person because of her.

Comments
Post a Comment