Well, I'm just a blogging fool. This outlet feels so great. I'm an extrovert by nature, but sometimes my thoughts get in my way. Sometimes I can't say what I really want to. Honesty is a very scary thing. Can you imagine a world where everyone was 100% honest with each other? Total anarchy. In my world, if I was completely honest, I would have the courage to say "no" more often, and I would tell the person I have a crush on that I have feelings for him. I don't think I'm ready just yet for the repercussions of my honesty. Thank goodness we don't live in such a world. I'm not condoning little white lies (are lies ever really just white?), but I understand the reasons why one person would not be honest with another person. Would you be able to handle the brutal honest truth?
Can you ask someone, "What do you think of me, tell me, honestly.." and be okay with their response? Honestly, (see what I did there?) I don't think I could handle it. Firstly, I don't live in a world where I abide by anyone standards and rules. (I'm a 31 year old single divorcee living in Austin, TX where everyday feels like an adventure). I'm not your standard woman. I was never meant to have 5 children and be a stay at home mom. Where I come from, my life style is not exactly greeted with open arms. And that's perfectly okay. Anyhoo....I digress. Would I be able to handle one's honest opinion of me? I want to say "yes", but I don't think I would. As per my previous blogs, I'm an emotional person. You can read exactly how I feel on my face. I've never been able to hide it. Now most people, I do not care their opinion of me. But folks like my twin sister, my employer, even my best friend, yes, their opinion does matter. But I'm lucky enough to know these people treasure me.
I want to try an experiment. I want to go one full day where I am 100% honest with people. Sort of like Jim Carrey's "Liar Liar" (only way less funny and I'm pretty sure I'll upset people and I won't learn any life lessons). This is going to be extremely difficult. I sugar coat a lot of what I say. Honesty is frightening, but in order to be our truest version of ourselves, we need to be honest. Pure, raw honesty. I'll give it a go. Question is...will you?
Jack
Can you ask someone, "What do you think of me, tell me, honestly.." and be okay with their response? Honestly, (see what I did there?) I don't think I could handle it. Firstly, I don't live in a world where I abide by anyone standards and rules. (I'm a 31 year old single divorcee living in Austin, TX where everyday feels like an adventure). I'm not your standard woman. I was never meant to have 5 children and be a stay at home mom. Where I come from, my life style is not exactly greeted with open arms. And that's perfectly okay. Anyhoo....I digress. Would I be able to handle one's honest opinion of me? I want to say "yes", but I don't think I would. As per my previous blogs, I'm an emotional person. You can read exactly how I feel on my face. I've never been able to hide it. Now most people, I do not care their opinion of me. But folks like my twin sister, my employer, even my best friend, yes, their opinion does matter. But I'm lucky enough to know these people treasure me.
I want to try an experiment. I want to go one full day where I am 100% honest with people. Sort of like Jim Carrey's "Liar Liar" (only way less funny and I'm pretty sure I'll upset people and I won't learn any life lessons). This is going to be extremely difficult. I sugar coat a lot of what I say. Honesty is frightening, but in order to be our truest version of ourselves, we need to be honest. Pure, raw honesty. I'll give it a go. Question is...will you?
Jack
Comments
Post a Comment