Skip to main content

Where'd you get the lens...at the lens store?

There are no words to describe yesterday's wedding. I was so nervous, I couldn't sleep. I rented this lens on the advice of another photographer friend (it's important to trust people who know their lenses, one of the benefits of having photogs as friends) and this lens did kit let me down. The whole ceremony, I was carrying it around as if it were my child. 

I drove the groom to the ceremony, reminiscent of when I drove my Bro to hers. It's a special kid of feeling being a huge part of the Big Day. The wedding was on a location in Southwest Austin. It was so beautiful, the view was amazing. If I ever get married, i wouldn't mind that view one bit. Except I would be barefoot. I hate wearing shoes. Anyhoo, the moment I was hoping to capture came out wonderfully, it was when the groom saw the bride for the first time. I teared up throughout the whole thing. I couldn't help it! I was there the night these two met, and I've been a big part of their journey. Almost like family. 

The reception was beautiful too, an exquisite Italian restaurant in Dripping Springs. You couldn't ask for more. 

I used the 70-200 lens for the majority of the night. And if you've ever used one, oh my goodness, you'd understand. It was such a rush. I know I have a few friends who geek out over lenses and cameras, and for good reason too. It's no secret I'm a visual person. I can't draw to save my life, but gosh can I tell a story through one single photo. After using the 70-200mm, I switched to my 50mm for a few shots, and my heart was so sad! It looked like a toy on my camera! I didn't want to give the lens back at all. But I'm grateful for my few hours of it. When I first opened it from the box, my jaw dropped. I placed it on my lap for what seemed like an eternity. And I could not stop staring. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I'm grateful to my friend for introducing me to this lens. It helped the Big Day become more magical. I could always and will always appreciate any advice given when it comes to photography. That's what they're there for, right? We artists need to stick together.

Oh gosh, I spent the whole time talking about the lens. Ah well. It made me happy. I spent the whole day trying to make everything perfect for the now married couple. And it was wonderful. Come to think of it, I just now realized I'm good friends with a lot of couples. I don't feel like a third or fifth wheel at all. It just feels like family. 

Seriously though...look at the lens one more time, and try not to get excited. 


Jacks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.