The words in the title are not my own. But it's something I stand for and live by, at least, I try to. I've mentioned before in previous blogs that I went through a pretty bad break up this year. I've never spoken publicly about the details, and I never will. If you are a close friend of mine, you already know everything. I'm not one to air dirty laundry online. But if you are involved in my life pretty often, you really know everything. The reason for my mentioning the break up is to talk about what happened after.
I was broken, an empty shell of my former self. And that was not me. Not the me I want to be anyway. It took me longer than I hoped for to bounce back. And I'm not sure exactly when the moment happened, or what exactly led up to said moment, but one morning I woke up, and my heart was no longer sad. Maybe it's the combination of family, friends, Cornelius, and shooting again. Whatever it was, it worked. I leaned on a lot of people for emotional support, and gosh! I'm not sure how I got so lucky to have y'all in my life. (Assuming my friends read this).
Friends and family nurtured me back to my former self--the Jackie who was always ready to take on the world. that's the "me" I always want to be. The great part about healing is you find inner strength to do things you never thought you could. Things before that "sort of" mattered--either they are really important or you pay it no mind. Take, for instance, people. Here in Austin, I am so fortunate to have friends who became family to me. It's a great feeling to surround yourself with positive energy. There will always be people in your life who aren't going to like you. And that's okay. Continue to be your amazing self. The people who are meant to be in your life will treasure you.
I'm not sure why I wanted to share this information today. I guess I'm still on that "Honesty" thing. Either way, you learned more about me.
That photo posted is one I took of our beautiful state's sky. I went back home to see my Bro for her birthday. This girl...she just gets me. We don't live in the same state, so it's always a treat when we see each other. I loved every moment spent with her, and her family is pretty amazing too. She was (is) a big part of finding myself again too.
So you see folks, things can happen that you have no control over. Some things might hurt you, but never let them break you. You are too strong and wonderful for that. Although I have no desire to date anytime soon, anything can happen. LIFE can happen. Until then, I'll continue to be myself, learning the ukelele, doing more photography work, enjoying the company of family and friends, and playing with Cornelius. You know, life.

Comments
Post a Comment