I've been in bed for two whole days with a migraine. What gives? I'm just now starting to feel better. My room has been dark and cold, all the true makings of an opening scene of a horror film, save for a cat (a one Cornelius), who roams the apt with not a care in the world. At least he's good company, and great entertainment to boot. I honestly don't even know where my thoughts have gone for two whole days. There were no thoughts, only pain in my head and my neck. Not fun, I'll tell you what. Even getting up to shower was a task in itself. I suppose it's my own bodies' way of wanting me to take it easy. I feel cut off from the rest of the world, and it felt great. My life batteries have been recharged. Rather than taking on a million things at once, maybe a "one thing at a time" approach is best. I certainly needed the rest.
I'm done being bored. I'm planning an adventure this week. Saturday afternoon I'm going on a hike at The Greenbelt, one of my favorite places in Austin. I don't hunt or fish, but I love the outdoors. Of course it's an open invite, one should never explore alone. Imagine the treasures you'll find together! Besides, some fresh air and not a care in the world will do me some good.
The first time I ever went hiking, I fell off some boulders. The first time I went paddle boarding, I almost drowned. The first time I ever went skiing, I got a concussion and almost broke my nose. And what does this all say? That I love adventure and I'm no quitter! I'm a little more cautious now, but hey, whatever doesn't kill you, amiright?
This photo was taken during one of my many adventures at Towne Lake. This is the reason I love adventure. With nature so beautiful, how can you not discover more?
Jacks

Comments
Post a Comment