Skip to main content

Stupid stupid stupid camera shy :(

So the Austin Latino Film Association is hosting a screening of sorts on Sunday. "We Are Austin"- a segment on Keye TV wants to cover us. I know this will be huge and amazing, but I don't want to be on camera. Dang it. I don't know what to do. Dang it Dang it Dang it. I hate this. I love being behind the scenes, but I get so camera shy whenever its my turn to be on camera. I need to practice. I think I'll ask my camera folks to shoot me, just so I can get used to the camera on me. You know, I intentionally pursue projects where the possibility of being in front of the camera is zero to impossible. As luck would have it, sometimes that isn't always the case. I swear, I don't know how I get myself into these situations. It just sort of...happens.

Its weird though. I don't like attention, I feel uncomfortable when people stare. 99% of the time, its because of my eyes. But still, if I can go the rest of my life without so much as a second look, I think I'll be content with that. I'm happy enough right now. I don't need anything else. (Well, as long as I have my Cornelius, I'm happy as a clam.) haha happy as a clam. I wonder how that originated....but I digress.


Anyhoo, this is just great. Now I have to get used to being in front of the camera. I know this may sound silly and so not a big deal, but being in front of the camera kicks my anxiety into overdrive. I feel like Will Ferrell in "Taladega Nights" when he is being interviewed. "I don't know what to do with my hands..." My biggest worry is freezing on set. I can't let that happen.

Okay, I think I came up with a way to fix this. I'll set up my camera in my living room with my tripod, and practice. I'll do some monologues I already from movies (I do a great one from "Kill Bill" and "Requiem for a Dream"). I'll show it to my camera friends and ask for opinions. Gosh, this is hard. Ah well.....here goes nothing.

Comments

  1. "You know, I intentionally pursue projects where the possibility of being in front of the camera is zero to impossible. As luck would have it, sometimes that isn't always the case."- These two sentences don't make sense together. Using, as luck would have it, makes them contradictory. Also, happy as a clam came from the phrase, "Happy as a clam in high water." Clams are happy in high water because they are safer from predators. The more you know :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.