Oh my goodness. Oh wow. I don't mean to be writing another entry so soon. But I'm all rattled up and shaken. I just got word that this person, Jon Balmer, just committed suicide. This name might not be important to you, but it is to me. I had never met Jon in person, but we knew each other online. He was in the same support groups on FB as I am. He has the same illness I have. And he killed himself because of it. I feel numb. I don't know what to say or think. I feel awful. Maybe I could have spoken to him more, maybe brighten up his day? I don't know. I feel guilty. Fuck.
Life is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.

Comments
Post a Comment