Skip to main content

She's a real nowhere man. Sitting in her nowhere land. Making all her nowhere plans for nobody.

Alrighty folks, I have a confession to make. I drank wine on New Year's Eve. There, I said it. I did it on purpose, too. I made the conscious decision to partake in New Year's festivities. After going 66 days without alcohol too! Do I feel bad about it? No. 

The whole reason for my quitting drinking is because I was on a slippery slope. Getting drunk was too easy and too fun. I became an alcoholic. Good friends that know me very well say that I'm not. If I'm not, then I'm well on my way towards becoming one. I went 2 whole months, and then some, without alcohol passing my lips. And it felt great! But I drank some wine on New Years...not a lot, just enough. 

The first sip of wine passed my lips and I immediately tasted the alcohol. I was worried that I would cave in completely, having missed the taste of alcohol so much. But to my amazement and surprise, it didn't taste like I remembered it. I drank a Moscato...something easy for me since its been so long. Had it not been New Year's, I would have put the glass down. But, I drank another glass, and I felt the old sensation of a "buzzed" feeling creep in. To be perfectly honest, I didn't miss it.

I won't bore you with the details of the night. Just know this...I drank 4 glasses of wine and called it a night. I was so hungover the next morning. I got Whataburger with a Dr. Pepper and felt terrible the entire day. Yup, I sure don't miss this at all. I am so glad I got this out of my system. 

I'm pretty sure most of ya'll know I had some health issues recently. By recently I mean the past couple of years. These health issues make exercise difficult and extremely painful. And I'm tired all the time. Nothing that would cause for alarm just yet, but its something I always need to be conscious about.  And it starts with making the right food and drink consumption. I'm giving up alcohol again. At the moment, I don't have a goal. I just know I don't want to drink anymore. I joined the gym again after being away for so long, following a low impact exercise routine. And I'm following a diet plan that caters to my health. 

This is not a New Year's resolution. Its a plan for my life. I don't want to do that "New Year, New Me" stuff. I'm the same old me, trying to take better care of myself. 

So there you have it folks. Hey speaking of folks, I'm almost at a thousand views since I've started this thing. I wonder who reads this? My life is not interesting I swear! Just silly, and random. Mostly silly. Anyhoo....

Jacks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.