This weekend was filled with lovely live music, indie flicks centered around musicians, hearing Mouse, two of my closest friends' daughter, call me "Tia" for the first time, homemade gifts, and tons of cleaning. The weekend was just what I needed. This past week was very stressful, the most stressed I've been in quite some time, and it was distrusting my sleep, my thoughts, my eating...my everything. I was not centered. My mind was full of chaos, and it was so uncomfortable.
I took another position at work, one I know I will love so much. I'm now the Marketing Specialist at work. I'm pretty happy about it because I get to be creative!!! And it's still a great schedule, no weekends! But...I'll be driving for Uber this week. Austin is expensive, and if I want to move on my own, I need to have a 2nd job. Oh! And Southy By is coming up, I'll get paid to meet strangers and drive them around Austin. Don't worry, I just bought some mace today, and I already own a taser. Anyhoo, this week will be a change, a welcoming one at that.
Speaking of change, I needed to do something health wise. My illness prevents me from doing a lot of things, but that's never stopped me before. I joined Planet Fitness last week. I miss running outside so much, but dang it. It just hurt too much. The most important thing you could do for yourself is listen to your body. So, I got on the elliptical and haven't looked back. It's not even a weight thing, it's a healthy thing. I need to get my butt back in shape! And with this new schedule, I'll have time to do it. As long as I keep going on that dang, boring elliptical...I'll be fine. Doc says low impact is the best way to go. So I'm going. I plan on being here for a long time, might as well look great while I'm at it hehe.
And speaking of looking great...even though this past week was very terrible, strangers said the kindest things to me. It made me feel so nice. I don't fish for compliments, and I always make it a point to compliment a friend. You never know the type of day they might be having. Even the smallest kind remark can brighten someone's day! So this week alone I've had strangers say I should be on TV, my eyes are the most unique they've ever seen. This one dude said he recognized me from a commercial, but nope, I'm not on TV. Just being complelety honest here. I figured the only folks who ever read this, if in fact anyone reads this, are close friends of mine. And if you are a close friend of mine, then you know the struggles with my illness over the past couple of years. It makes me so self conscious and angry. So after the week I've had....the compliments were so nice and welcoming. Just what I needed to hear.
Anyhoo, I need to start getting my thoughts together for this coming week. Lots of things are changing. And all of them are good. It's nice to have wonderful things to look forward too.
The only thing I would have changed about this week is seeing my mom. I saw her last week, but it's not enough.
Jacks
I took another position at work, one I know I will love so much. I'm now the Marketing Specialist at work. I'm pretty happy about it because I get to be creative!!! And it's still a great schedule, no weekends! But...I'll be driving for Uber this week. Austin is expensive, and if I want to move on my own, I need to have a 2nd job. Oh! And Southy By is coming up, I'll get paid to meet strangers and drive them around Austin. Don't worry, I just bought some mace today, and I already own a taser. Anyhoo, this week will be a change, a welcoming one at that.
Speaking of change, I needed to do something health wise. My illness prevents me from doing a lot of things, but that's never stopped me before. I joined Planet Fitness last week. I miss running outside so much, but dang it. It just hurt too much. The most important thing you could do for yourself is listen to your body. So, I got on the elliptical and haven't looked back. It's not even a weight thing, it's a healthy thing. I need to get my butt back in shape! And with this new schedule, I'll have time to do it. As long as I keep going on that dang, boring elliptical...I'll be fine. Doc says low impact is the best way to go. So I'm going. I plan on being here for a long time, might as well look great while I'm at it hehe.
And speaking of looking great...even though this past week was very terrible, strangers said the kindest things to me. It made me feel so nice. I don't fish for compliments, and I always make it a point to compliment a friend. You never know the type of day they might be having. Even the smallest kind remark can brighten someone's day! So this week alone I've had strangers say I should be on TV, my eyes are the most unique they've ever seen. This one dude said he recognized me from a commercial, but nope, I'm not on TV. Just being complelety honest here. I figured the only folks who ever read this, if in fact anyone reads this, are close friends of mine. And if you are a close friend of mine, then you know the struggles with my illness over the past couple of years. It makes me so self conscious and angry. So after the week I've had....the compliments were so nice and welcoming. Just what I needed to hear.
Anyhoo, I need to start getting my thoughts together for this coming week. Lots of things are changing. And all of them are good. It's nice to have wonderful things to look forward too.
The only thing I would have changed about this week is seeing my mom. I saw her last week, but it's not enough.
Jacks
Comments
Post a Comment