Skip to main content

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup...

Its been forever and a day since I have written. Life is busy, life is crazy, and life is....well, its life. Still, that's no excuse to not have my thoughts written down. That is, after all, the whole point of this blog. My online journal. A window to my thoughts, a front row view provided for the world to see. I'm not sure if anyone ever reads this. And that is quite alright with me. When I write words down, I'm able to get all the thoughts racing, fighting, swimming in my head into one platform. Then my mind is at ease.

As of late, I have been doing a lot of contemplating. Where my life is going, what I want to do, etc. I don't think anyone ever really has the answer. Instead of trying to find a finite reason of my being,  I decided not to put much thought to it. At least, for now. Maybe the answer to life and all our beings really is just as Douglas Adams says in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. 42. An answer so simple. Its meaning is elementary. DON'T OVER THINK IT.

Life can be beautiful, simple, and enjoyed with ease. Life doesn't always have to be so complicated. Instead of battling my reasons as to why I was put on this earth, I'm going to take a step back, and just enjoy the view. One can dissect our purpose, how millions of years of evolution led to the point of our birth. Or one can simply think that life is not so difficult. Life is what you make of it. And I want mine to be an adventure. I can feel the yearning in my bones. Longing for experiences I have yet to encounter. I want to travel the world. See different cultures, taste different foods, and meet people I've only ever read about. I'm practicing  my French as we speak!

I don't want to go to my grave with unlived life flowing through my veins. I want to change the world. If life was written down on pen and paper, would anyone want to read yours? What will your story say?

I'm not sure where this epiphany came from, but it feels as though it has always been a part of me. All  I know to be true, is that I am not done.

2014 was a doozy, but it looks like 2015 will be a great one. I can't wait to see where it takes me.

Cheers!

jacks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.