Skip to main content

"I get by with a little help from my friends..."

This weekend was pretty darn relaxing. Just what I needed. Friday night I was in Belton, stayed in, watched a movie or two, then called it a night. Saturday morning I was working in Belton, but got back into ATX by 3:00pm. Saturday night, I visited my lovely friend Alex, and we binged watched "Seinfeld". Afterwards, I went to a small get together with some friends who I consider family. I got there late and everyone was already pretty drunk. It was hilarious! Still, I resisted peer pressure, and did not drink one sip of alcohol. Saying no has become so much easier! Sunday, I watched "Fury", then spent the evening chatting with a dear photographer friend of mine. We talked of photos, gigs, lenses. I don't know about y'all, but talking about cameras excites me so much! Just like talking about The Beatles, or cinema, or Star Wars! Anyhoo, this person is a very good friend of mine. Long story short, we dated a million years ago, but we are way better off as friends. And he has become a good, caring, loving friend. So this friend says something that caught my attention. "So and so (insert girlfriend's name here)...was always jealous of you.." 

"Huh?"
"Yep."
"Why? We were broken up way before you guys got together."
"Its your eyes. Your eyes are green. Women will either love you or hate you because of it. Men will always think you are beautiful. Especially the geeky and nerdy guys because you are like that."
"No way! Its not my fault! I was born this way!"
"Like it or not. If you ever wonder why women don't like you, its because of your eyes. That, are you're really cool."
"I'm not cool..."
"Yes you are."
"I'm not THAT cool. So you're telling me that it doesn't matter if I'm a good person or not, right away I'm being judged because of the way I look."
"Now you're catching on."
"Well that just stinks." 
"You should be happy, you're very pretty."
"Whatever."

There was way more to the conversation than that. All of it was me asking questions, and him answering. He gave it to me straight, a little more perspective into a guy's mind. And my goodness the stuff he told be sure made me blush! And all I can say is this....I will never understand people. Men or women. I'm just going to continue to be a friend to those who already have my heart, and that's about it. I'm 31 and the world still puzzles me. 

Jacks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.