I'm not quite sure what it is, maybe the cold, gloomy weather is turning my usual sunny and oh so happy demeanor into someone who's heart is made of a lump of coal. Or maybe its the fact that I haven't been my creative self lately. Whatever the case may be, I've got a case of the doldrums. And its not a great place to be. I'm so used to being creative, I crave creativity. I still have plenty of photos to edit, so there's that. But I need something more. Is it selfish to want more?
That being said, and after a wonderful conversation with a dear friend of mine, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I am responsible for my own happiness. No one else. And what exactly makes me happy? Videography, Photography, Exploring, Adventures, and people. So why not do something that combines all of it!!
Partnering up with some friends, we are creating a low budget web series featuring everything and anything Austin. The segments will feature a local musician, venue, or something along those lines. We will upload the shows to Youtube. Now, I'm not saying these are going to be 30 min shows, just long enough to get the point across. I know travel shows have "been there, done that" and everything in between. This is by no means to be taken serious. Its just me, some friends, hanging out and doing what we love. But its chance to be creative, be funny, be not so serious, and a chance to explore my favorite city in the whole wide world. Who knows, this might be the start of something great! Or...I might fall flat on my face. The most important thing is to keep going and do what you love. If you are doing what you love, it no longer becomes work. It becomes passion. And that passion can take you far!
This won't happen for some time, but it sure feels nice to have goals like this again. Here's hoping :)
I've said this before, and I'll say this again, 2014 was kind of a kick in the face. But I have an optimistic feeling that 2015 will be one for the books. Just thinking about how great 2015 will be is making my heart happy. I look forward to being creative. I look forward to being myself, and I look forward to being happy.
La vie est belle!
Jacks
That being said, and after a wonderful conversation with a dear friend of mine, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I am responsible for my own happiness. No one else. And what exactly makes me happy? Videography, Photography, Exploring, Adventures, and people. So why not do something that combines all of it!!
Partnering up with some friends, we are creating a low budget web series featuring everything and anything Austin. The segments will feature a local musician, venue, or something along those lines. We will upload the shows to Youtube. Now, I'm not saying these are going to be 30 min shows, just long enough to get the point across. I know travel shows have "been there, done that" and everything in between. This is by no means to be taken serious. Its just me, some friends, hanging out and doing what we love. But its chance to be creative, be funny, be not so serious, and a chance to explore my favorite city in the whole wide world. Who knows, this might be the start of something great! Or...I might fall flat on my face. The most important thing is to keep going and do what you love. If you are doing what you love, it no longer becomes work. It becomes passion. And that passion can take you far!
This won't happen for some time, but it sure feels nice to have goals like this again. Here's hoping :)
I've said this before, and I'll say this again, 2014 was kind of a kick in the face. But I have an optimistic feeling that 2015 will be one for the books. Just thinking about how great 2015 will be is making my heart happy. I look forward to being creative. I look forward to being myself, and I look forward to being happy.
La vie est belle!
Jacks
Comments
Post a Comment