Alrighty. So most of you who know me personally know I never really air my dating life online. I still won't give any details about it. I strongly believe that's what friends are for. One thing that has me thinking, though, is the whole idea of relationships. I've been dating since around...lets just say high school. I'm 31 now, with a divorce under my belt. No children. I do have a cat, though. He counts as a child. Anyhoo, I suppose what has me thinking is the whole idea of being in a relationship. Don't get me wrong, I love being single. My freedom means the world to me. But once in awhile, I do meet someone that gives me butterflies. This rarely happens. Especially as I've gotten older. But I was recently "talking" to someone---(writer's note, everyone in the world knows what that phrase means..."talking"...I for one think its sort of funny. Trying to decide if its worth it at all...
Anyhoo, let's get back to that point I was trying to make. I was recently talking to someone, and he seemed great and all. Butterflies were present in the beginning. I somehow felt them fly away in the past couple of weeks. And that's ok. It happens. Well long story short, and not giving personal details out, we are no longer talking. If you are a close friend, you know what happened. If not, hey just ask. I'm an open book. Rather than be upset because I will be missing HIM, I'm a bit saddened about being single again. Maybe I do like being in relationships. Maybe the pain and heartache is worth it?
We all know what happened earlier in this year, about my heart being broken and all. It s ok, I can talk about it now and its not painful at all. That tells me I am no longer in love with said person. I vowed to never let myself fall so easily for someone again. Yikes! Who wants to go through pain and suffering voluntarily? I loved this person on purpose. And for the better part of this year, I slowly built my heart up again. Brick by metaphor brick. So now, several months later, I'm healed and ready to give relationships another go.
Relationships always puzzle me. When did science and evolution dictate that we are supposed to be paired off together? Is it human nature to always seek comfort and solace with another person? Why is human interaction with the opposite (or same) sex so important, so necessary? And if science and nature say we have to pair off to keep bloodlines and species going, when do emotions become necessary? I'm probably thinking way too much about this. I suppose I don't have any answers for something that should be so simple. I do know, however, that rather than just jumping into a relationship JUST to be in a relationship is foolish, and something I just don't do. So I wait patiently for the person who makes my heart sing.
For those in relationships now, married, engaged, dating, etc...how did you know that this person you selected was the one for you? I'm always intrigued by this. Is this other half of you the right one? I'm not stirring up any feathers, I'm just very curious.
I know that pain is a part of life. Emotionally speaking, I'm not in any pain at the moment. But is it worth it? I know not all relationships end in heartache. But I just have to wonder when my turn will be? And who will it be with? That's pretty exciting just thinking about it! To finally meet the person who is supposed to be your best friend, who makes your heart sing at the very sight of them. To be yourself and comfortable around them, and they loving you for exactly who you are. Well dang, I think I just answered my own question. Yes. Yes it is worth it.
To those in relationships, who took the risk and are reaping the rewards...I am happy for you. You all inspire me to not lose hope. In the meantime, Cornelius and I will be painting the town red :)
Anyhoo, let's get back to that point I was trying to make. I was recently talking to someone, and he seemed great and all. Butterflies were present in the beginning. I somehow felt them fly away in the past couple of weeks. And that's ok. It happens. Well long story short, and not giving personal details out, we are no longer talking. If you are a close friend, you know what happened. If not, hey just ask. I'm an open book. Rather than be upset because I will be missing HIM, I'm a bit saddened about being single again. Maybe I do like being in relationships. Maybe the pain and heartache is worth it?
We all know what happened earlier in this year, about my heart being broken and all. It s ok, I can talk about it now and its not painful at all. That tells me I am no longer in love with said person. I vowed to never let myself fall so easily for someone again. Yikes! Who wants to go through pain and suffering voluntarily? I loved this person on purpose. And for the better part of this year, I slowly built my heart up again. Brick by metaphor brick. So now, several months later, I'm healed and ready to give relationships another go.
Relationships always puzzle me. When did science and evolution dictate that we are supposed to be paired off together? Is it human nature to always seek comfort and solace with another person? Why is human interaction with the opposite (or same) sex so important, so necessary? And if science and nature say we have to pair off to keep bloodlines and species going, when do emotions become necessary? I'm probably thinking way too much about this. I suppose I don't have any answers for something that should be so simple. I do know, however, that rather than just jumping into a relationship JUST to be in a relationship is foolish, and something I just don't do. So I wait patiently for the person who makes my heart sing.
For those in relationships now, married, engaged, dating, etc...how did you know that this person you selected was the one for you? I'm always intrigued by this. Is this other half of you the right one? I'm not stirring up any feathers, I'm just very curious.
I know that pain is a part of life. Emotionally speaking, I'm not in any pain at the moment. But is it worth it? I know not all relationships end in heartache. But I just have to wonder when my turn will be? And who will it be with? That's pretty exciting just thinking about it! To finally meet the person who is supposed to be your best friend, who makes your heart sing at the very sight of them. To be yourself and comfortable around them, and they loving you for exactly who you are. Well dang, I think I just answered my own question. Yes. Yes it is worth it.
To those in relationships, who took the risk and are reaping the rewards...I am happy for you. You all inspire me to not lose hope. In the meantime, Cornelius and I will be painting the town red :)
Comments
Post a Comment