I don't know how to explain this, but I feel something has woken inside of me. I wish I had the words, who even knew the words for this feeling.
It all started about a month ago. My workouts have been limited these past couple of years, all contingent to how I feel that particular morning when I wake to greet the day. I can never predict how I will feel, or how my body will react throughout the day. I just know that something, anything, needed to change. I wanted...needed...to feel alive again.
But old habits die very hard. I know the hardest part of any workout routine is getting started. And let me just say how hard it was, physically, to get started. Onward through the pain! What helped me the most are long term goals. If I start today, how will I feel/look 3 months from now? So I started the easy way, on the elliptical. I just had to get my body used to moving again. Fast forward 1 month, I'm running on the treadmill, trails, you name it. I started paying closer attention to my diet. Cutting back on alcohol, fast food, Dr. Pepper, upping my vitamin intake, and focusing on a high protein low carb diet (which always seems to help me). I've already gotten compliments on my tummy, face, butt, and thighs. And this is just one month in! I don't have a destination goal in mind. Rather, its more of a journey. I have energy through the roof, my skin is doing so much better, and I don't feel so sluggish. My health is always a touch and go thing. So I'm going to do everything I can to make myself better. Physically, emotionally, mentally.
The best part about all of this? Its only been one month. Can you imagine the difference at the 6 month mark? The one year mark? I know I am so looking forward to it!
Life is what you make of it.
Jackie
Comments
Post a Comment