Skip to main content

Here, there, everywhere.

I wonder which one of you guys reads this thing. The mystery behind it all is pretty exciting, to say the least. Anyhoo, that's not what this blog is about, not today.

It's about this one article I read while I was feeling sick yesterday. This one man wrote a blog about losing weight. In this blog, he said there are 4 tips to help you lose weight, guaranteed! The first was a no brainer, no beer! I've cut back on my alcohol intake, so this was pretty easy. Second, portion control. This I've worked on as well, and I already know it anyway. Done and done. I'm halfway there! The third tip on losing weight will probably stay with me for a very long time. 

Get your heart broken.

He goes on to describe being in love with someone. And not the love where you love someone casually, the "forever" kind of love. The kind where you love someone on purpose. The person he loved left him for another man. Now, this truly hit home. I don't like to give details on my love life, and if you are close to me, you already know the story. I went through something similar, wow, almost a year ago. My heart is repaired and is full if life again, but last year was a doozy. I loved someone with every ounce of myself. And when my heart broke, I never thought I would come back from that. In a way I'm still dealing with it. Sure, I go on dates, but nothing to write home about. I know this sounds silly, and I'm probably selling myself short, but I never want to go through that again. I don't allow myself to get close. I'm close enough. I will most likely miss out on a lot things, but I just don't if it's worth the risk anymore. I don't ever want my heart to break again. Ok ok I digress...

This man used his heartbreak as fuel. He went to the gym. Everyday he thought of his ex, and everyday he went to the gym. Work, gym, eat, sleep. Repeat. And again and again, until it consumes you. 

In 2013 I became pretty sick, and in 2014 my heart was broken. I did not have any motivation to go to the gym. I gained weight and became a shadow of my former self. Depression sank in, and it was a bad one. Every now and then the darkness comes, but nowadays I'm way too happy to let it affect me. I'm not sure what my moment of clarity was, but for the past month, my life has been work, gym, eat, sleep, repeat. 

The man went on about the gym, how every mile ran was one step closer to healing his heart. Every mile I run is dedicated to me overcoming heartache. It's taken me a month, but I can go 2 miles again. This may not be a whole lot to you, but this means everything to me. I was told 2 years ago that I would never be able to run again. But I'm doing it. It hurts but I don't care. It's definitely worth the pain. Every mile makes me better. 

So the man's life became centered around the gym. Mine feels like that too. And I'm so in love with that feeling. Maybe going through a heartbreak was a good thing. It taught me to bounce back and become strong. Mentally, emotionally, and now physically. 

The fourth tip was to avoid fruit juice. (Too much sugar!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.