And so it starts. This past weekend, I volunteered for the Austin Half (and Full) Marathon. Inspired does not even begin to describe what I felt. I was at the Mile 11 Marker for the Half Marathon, and I cheered for every single person going through, for 4 hours straight. Watching the runners dig deep and push themselves inspired me to keep going. Saturday morning I went for a 2 mile hike. Before I started working out again, that 2 mile hike would hurt so bad the next day. Now, it feels like I could have doubled the distance. I did not feel winded, I felt fantastic. The runners made me want to join them so bad. The whole time I kept thinking "Why aren't I there?" Of course, my health isn't always a fair game, but I've noticed in the past month of watching what I'm eating combined with a fitness routine, I feel so much better. I still have days where everything hurts and my illness makes me angry, but those days are few and far between compared to what it used to be.
At the moment, I can run 3 miles (a sllloooowwwwwww 3 miles, but it's still 3 miles). Since I am on a health kick and only a month into it, I'm starting to see nutrition and fitness differently. I've joined a volleyball league, so that is inspiring me to keep going. The gym is pushing me, I have free weights and a jump rope at home. I have NO EXCUSE. I'm loving the way I feel, I'm loving the way my body is starting to look. My skin is feeling so much better, and I really can't wait to go back to the doc in a couple of months. I just know I'm going to get good news instead of hearing the same darn thing over and over again. And I've never been a skinny person. I have curves for days. And my realistic goals are NOT to be skinny, but to be in shape, curves and all. Muscles are way more attractive anyway.
I grew up playing sports, so I already know what to do in order to get in shape. I just have to do it. And I love love love working out. The biggest struggle I've had is nutrition. Growing up, nobody payed attention to that. But now, there is no excuse. One month in and I feel like a million bucks. Let's see what two months looks like.
Jacks
At the moment, I can run 3 miles (a sllloooowwwwwww 3 miles, but it's still 3 miles). Since I am on a health kick and only a month into it, I'm starting to see nutrition and fitness differently. I've joined a volleyball league, so that is inspiring me to keep going. The gym is pushing me, I have free weights and a jump rope at home. I have NO EXCUSE. I'm loving the way I feel, I'm loving the way my body is starting to look. My skin is feeling so much better, and I really can't wait to go back to the doc in a couple of months. I just know I'm going to get good news instead of hearing the same darn thing over and over again. And I've never been a skinny person. I have curves for days. And my realistic goals are NOT to be skinny, but to be in shape, curves and all. Muscles are way more attractive anyway.
I grew up playing sports, so I already know what to do in order to get in shape. I just have to do it. And I love love love working out. The biggest struggle I've had is nutrition. Growing up, nobody payed attention to that. But now, there is no excuse. One month in and I feel like a million bucks. Let's see what two months looks like.
Jacks
Comments
Post a Comment