Skip to main content

We are the New Bohemians.

This Friday evening I will be attending an event hosted by a local magazine. I've met the creator of said magazine and she is such a sweetheart. My good friend is also selling some of her beautiful homemade clothes at this event. Did I mention she is a seamstress? Throughout the month, I have/will have attended many live music shows in support of my musician friends. And I will have also booked a Mixer for the Austin Latino Film Association.

I know these might seem like bragging points, but that's not the case at all. I just feel so lucky to even know these people. To be surrounded by such creative types...I can't even begin to explain it. I have no words. These folks, who live and thrive on using their colorful intelligence, who make the world a beautiful place just by artistically showing their feelings and emotions. If anyone knows me, you know I'm an emotional person. Always have been, always will be. Its through these emotions I've been able to communicate. Where would the world be without music, cinema, visually stunning art, poetry, songs, lyrics? I don't even want to imagine. I can't imagine. Years from now, our generation will be studied, and the art we create now will be on display for the world to see. How amazing is that? And in a tiny way, we artists are a part of it. My heart swells knowing that you and I have contributed a part of ourselves to the world. We make our marks everyday. How do you make yours? How do you want to be remembered? When the world reads of you, will you be proud of what will be written?

Speaking of artists...this may be the shallowest (did I spell that right?) thing I'm ever going to say, but I simply would never, could never date someone who wasn't an artist in some way. We all have our things, some girls prefer one thing, guys prefer some things too. Mine is creativeness. You could be the best looking person, killer body, colored eyes, dark hair, light skin, gorgeous beard (well, it looks like I just gave away what I like physically ha!) but if you have the personality of a tumbling weed, I just can't do it. The world needs logical emotionless robot people. I'm simply saying, that's not for me. And I'm not the type of person to be in a relationship just to be in a relationship. I'd rather be single than date someone who is not a good match for me. My nearly 32 years of life have taught me at least that!


Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.