Skip to main content

Blackbird singing in the dead of night...

It's been a million years, forever and a day, since I have last written. I didn't have anything to write because life was good, not great, but good (I can settle for good). Day in, day out, the same routine. And if you know anything about me at all, you know I don't like boring routine. I try to live my life everyday as though its an adventure. I want to learn something new everyday. Which is why life was...good. I wasn't creating, I wasn't shooting. I wasn't using my imagination. There is nothing worse for a creative person. Its as though time begins to stand still. Nothing good happens, nothing bad happens. Nothing happens at all. When life becomes stagnant, something needs to change. Laurels are not a good place to rest. I wanted more.

In the time span of a month, I feel as though I had nothing to report. Sure, I saw tons of movies, and I spent lots of time with my family and Cornelius. And I treasure these things beyond belief. But somewhere along the way...I lost my voice. I lost the will to create, to be loud, to make waves.  I was treading hypothetical water. That is not the life for me. The past few days I have felt so overwhelmingly frustrated. I tried to pinpoint where this frustration came from. And the only conclusion I found was....it came from me. Its all me. I have not held a camera in so long. I have written anything, nor learned any new chords on guitar or uke. I just wasn't doing anything.

I don't know what happened where I lost the will to want to be creative, all I know is that its back. My mind is running a million miles an hour. I have so many ideas I can hardly sit still. Words come out so fast I can hardly contain them, nor do I want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.