I truly wonder if anyone ever reads this blog. Sometimes I think about deactivating this blog. I rarely write anymore, but I do like to go back and read my thoughts, especially the older ones. I'm happy to update you on my life, but my goodness, where do I even begin?
This post will be a mix of both personal and professional, a rare glimpse into my private life, if you will. Sure, I'm active on social media, but I mostly post about cats, cinema, music, and fitness, and food. This gives you a general, but very 'surface', view into my world. So join me, if you will, down the rabbit hole.
Professional:
I work in the advertising operations department at the San Antonio Express News. Prior to this, I worked in Marketing and PR, while also producing short films and commercials in Austin. I've had a background in media since 2008, the year I left my ex-husband. (that story will never be published online, but if you want to know, contact me privately). So since 2008, I've slowly but happily made a name for myself in Central Texas in the media world, but I digress. I'm learning a new skill at work, Programmatic Advertising. If I could go back in time and tell my High School senior self to go into advertising as soon as possible, I would. I took to Programmatic Advertising like duck to water. The digital advertising world is constantly changing, and there is SO MUCH to learn. At the moment, I am studying to become Google AdWords certified, something I'm passionate about, something I'm good at, and something that will be so beneficial in my career. My drive and ambition to learn and better myself never ceases, and this is just the next level up. If anything, it's a great certification for someone like me, who works in digital advertising, to have.
Personal:
How much do I want to open up? What can I say about myself that you don't already know? You know I love cinema, cats, food, fitness, but my goodness there's so much more. I suppose the purpose of this post is to possibly inspire people. I want the world to know that sometimes like is not great, but it's up to to push yourself and succeed. Some of you know I suffer from a few auto-immune diseases. Some of you know the full extent, while others, I'm sure, have no idea. Consider this my "coming out" story. One of them is rare, extremely painful, incurable. The treatment is expensive, experimental, with an almost zero success rate. (trust me, I've done years of research). These illness have had a profound affect on me. I have plenty of close friends with whom I'm an open book, but rarely do I discuss this with random folks. I'm feeling brave today! Life is too short anyway, and I have so much life I want to live. Don't worry though, rest assured I take the best care of myself.
This makes dating a little difficult, to be perfectly honest. I opened up to the last person I dated, and when I complained about not feeling well...let's just say his response was rude and hurtful. So back to the drawing board for me. The way I see it, these illnesses are my burden, not anyone else's.
But, I'm one to see the silver lining in the rainiest of days. These illnesses inspired me to take better care of myself. In the past year and a half, I've dropped around 40 lbs, I no longer drink beer, I do not eat fast food, and exercise is my obsession. Granted, I work out when I can, health permitting.
And....I've gotten a lot closer to my family and certain friends. I do not have the words to tell you how grateful I am when family and friends step up and care for me. I've always been "Miss Independent" so when the times comes when I do need a little help, my pride suffers, but I am extremely grateful to have folks in my life who care that much about me. How lucky am I?
That's my life in a nutshell. I constantly strive to be happier, healthier, and better. Why? Because it's up to me to create my own happiness, whatever that may be. Because someday, I hope to travel the world. Because someday, I hope to be the best in my field. Because someday, I hope to scratch off all the items on my bucket list. Because I can.
This post will be a mix of both personal and professional, a rare glimpse into my private life, if you will. Sure, I'm active on social media, but I mostly post about cats, cinema, music, and fitness, and food. This gives you a general, but very 'surface', view into my world. So join me, if you will, down the rabbit hole.
Professional:
I work in the advertising operations department at the San Antonio Express News. Prior to this, I worked in Marketing and PR, while also producing short films and commercials in Austin. I've had a background in media since 2008, the year I left my ex-husband. (that story will never be published online, but if you want to know, contact me privately). So since 2008, I've slowly but happily made a name for myself in Central Texas in the media world, but I digress. I'm learning a new skill at work, Programmatic Advertising. If I could go back in time and tell my High School senior self to go into advertising as soon as possible, I would. I took to Programmatic Advertising like duck to water. The digital advertising world is constantly changing, and there is SO MUCH to learn. At the moment, I am studying to become Google AdWords certified, something I'm passionate about, something I'm good at, and something that will be so beneficial in my career. My drive and ambition to learn and better myself never ceases, and this is just the next level up. If anything, it's a great certification for someone like me, who works in digital advertising, to have.
Personal:
How much do I want to open up? What can I say about myself that you don't already know? You know I love cinema, cats, food, fitness, but my goodness there's so much more. I suppose the purpose of this post is to possibly inspire people. I want the world to know that sometimes like is not great, but it's up to to push yourself and succeed. Some of you know I suffer from a few auto-immune diseases. Some of you know the full extent, while others, I'm sure, have no idea. Consider this my "coming out" story. One of them is rare, extremely painful, incurable. The treatment is expensive, experimental, with an almost zero success rate. (trust me, I've done years of research). These illness have had a profound affect on me. I have plenty of close friends with whom I'm an open book, but rarely do I discuss this with random folks. I'm feeling brave today! Life is too short anyway, and I have so much life I want to live. Don't worry though, rest assured I take the best care of myself.
This makes dating a little difficult, to be perfectly honest. I opened up to the last person I dated, and when I complained about not feeling well...let's just say his response was rude and hurtful. So back to the drawing board for me. The way I see it, these illnesses are my burden, not anyone else's.
But, I'm one to see the silver lining in the rainiest of days. These illnesses inspired me to take better care of myself. In the past year and a half, I've dropped around 40 lbs, I no longer drink beer, I do not eat fast food, and exercise is my obsession. Granted, I work out when I can, health permitting.
And....I've gotten a lot closer to my family and certain friends. I do not have the words to tell you how grateful I am when family and friends step up and care for me. I've always been "Miss Independent" so when the times comes when I do need a little help, my pride suffers, but I am extremely grateful to have folks in my life who care that much about me. How lucky am I?
That's my life in a nutshell. I constantly strive to be happier, healthier, and better. Why? Because it's up to me to create my own happiness, whatever that may be. Because someday, I hope to travel the world. Because someday, I hope to be the best in my field. Because someday, I hope to scratch off all the items on my bucket list. Because I can.
Comments
Post a Comment