Things that have happened in the last 24 hours:
Work
Sleep
Eat
Attended a networking mixer in Austin, TX, where a local filmmaker showcased his trailer of his yet-to-be-released first feature film
Got invited to a Filmmakers conference at Southwestern University in Georgetown. The keynote speaker wrote "Machete" (Robert Rodriguez's cousin). You best believe I will go up to this person, hand him my card, and introduce myself!
Was asked my a writer if she can send me her screenplay so I can give advice and input on said screenplay
Invited to be a production assistant for a quick spec shoot this weekend. (2 hours, no biggie).
Went to a local live music show, friends were on the bill. I saw some folks I hadn't seen in about 6 months, possibly more. Time is nothing. It felt good to be back.
Booked a photographer for my head shots.
Made up with a good friend. Its a long story.
Sleep again.
Talk about an eventful day. I hadn't been involved so much this summer the film or music community (I've had family stuff going on), but it feels so great to be back. And it looks like I hit the ground running!
If you are lucky enough to find your true calling, you take those opportunities and you run with them. We only have one life to live. How are you spending yours?
Work
Sleep
Eat
Attended a networking mixer in Austin, TX, where a local filmmaker showcased his trailer of his yet-to-be-released first feature film
Got invited to a Filmmakers conference at Southwestern University in Georgetown. The keynote speaker wrote "Machete" (Robert Rodriguez's cousin). You best believe I will go up to this person, hand him my card, and introduce myself!
Was asked my a writer if she can send me her screenplay so I can give advice and input on said screenplay
Invited to be a production assistant for a quick spec shoot this weekend. (2 hours, no biggie).
Went to a local live music show, friends were on the bill. I saw some folks I hadn't seen in about 6 months, possibly more. Time is nothing. It felt good to be back.
Booked a photographer for my head shots.
Made up with a good friend. Its a long story.
Sleep again.
Talk about an eventful day. I hadn't been involved so much this summer the film or music community (I've had family stuff going on), but it feels so great to be back. And it looks like I hit the ground running!
If you are lucky enough to find your true calling, you take those opportunities and you run with them. We only have one life to live. How are you spending yours?
Comments
Post a Comment