Skip to main content

"She's not a girl who misses much...do do do do do do....oh yeah"

It's been a million and a half years since I've last written. I do that sometimes. I take a few steps back, reevaluate my life, and then step back into the spotlight. I am a frequent poster on Facebook and IG, so the world knows what my day-to-day life is like. My last blog was written sometime in April, which is very fitting. I began a lifestyle change around that time, too.

I needed to change. I needed something, anything. As cliche as this sounds, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. My doctor put me on a gluten-free diet. I'm not celiac, but I have a gluten sensitivity. The first few weeks were difficult, but now, its part of my life. I changed the way I ate, started working out again, and I am so, so happy. If someone was to ask, "Jackie, are you happy?" "Why yes (insert friend name here), I am." Isn't that wonderful? Not just to say you are happy, but actually mean it?

So yes, I am happy. Cornelius (my cat) makes me happy. My family and friends make me happy. My job makes me happy. Working out makes me happy. Life makes me happy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane.

Life is funny, isn't it?  Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If  I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.