You are there, somewhere, in the farthest depths of my mind, like a distant memory, never forgotten but never really there. You don't know how you first gained this memory, where it started, or where you think it might be going. The only truth I know is when I think of this memory, it brings me a certain joy, a certain comfort, and a certain smile. This memory reminds me of everything right in this world, everything beautiful. This memory reminds me of the song you sing out loud when you think no one is listening, or when your favorite song comes on the radio at just the right moment. It reminds me to remember the simple things in life. YOU remind me of the simple things in life. This memory speaks to me, as though the universe is begging me not to forget.
Life is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I feel as though I have it all figured out, then bam! New things arise and I'm left scrambling to get my life back together. The best thing I have done for myself this year is to learn to say "no", and to stand up for myself. I will no longer be the person people can walk over. If I feel uncomfortable in a setting, I leave. If someone upsets me, I won't talk to them anymore. To most this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, this is everything.
Comments
Post a Comment